Monday, May 18, 2009

As parents you never have enough time - the last 48 days have not been enough. We got a call when we got home from church. All I could remember was “prepare yourself”. Fortunately Raquel had previously offered to take the kids, to give Nathan and I the rare chance to spend some extended time with the Katelynn together-- which I was so thankful for, now even more as it is clear God has everything arranged. I am so thankful for my friend following the prompting. All I had to do was keep my voice calm and Nathaniel and Ailsa were out the door cheerfully on their way. Nathan and I drove to the hospital. Katelynn has another infection, she is in very bad shape—we were told to take it hour by hour. It looks like Katelynn will never be able to breath on her own and feedings are not being tolerated. She is comfortable with medication but may not make it through the night. We took shifts. Time with Katelynn here on earth is very limited now, any parent knows the love one feels for a child. Our hearts are breaking yet we also know that Katelynn is a miracle and we are thankful for time.

No comments:

Post a Comment