Friday, May 15, 2009

I spent last night at home, Nathan made me! After 60 hours at the hospital, it felt like I was emerging from a bubble. It is was a gift from all of those who have made it possible for me to be with Katelynn, thank you. Talking with her nurse. Katelynn hasn't woken up yet. I want her to have her mommy when she does. Katelynn's nurses from the NICU went to visit her this morning, I am sure Katelynn liked the familiar voices around her. I miss my baby girl.

The hardest part about leaving the hospital was the fear that Katelynn would wake up and I wouldn't be there, she would be in a new place (the PICU) and surrounded by nurses she didn't know her whole life has been in the NICU. God is very kind and one of His tender mercies happened today. About ten minutes after I went to Katelynn. she did a little head jiggle (hello, 'Princes Bride' fans) and looked right at me. Her heart rate calmed and we held hands until I had to leave. She knows her mommy is there for her, I am so thankful that her first look around after her surgeries she saw her mom. Her kidneys and liver are not stabalizing as they should, but we will know more after some more tests are run - everything in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment