Thursday, May 14, 2009

After Katelynn's second heart sugery in 36 hours, they have two nurses assigned to her-- by 12pm one nurse was reassigned, as she is moving, finally, in the right directon. I went to bed around 1:30am. Her kidneys, which had been headed towards kidney failure are improving in thier function. Brian and Wendy, the nurses, high fived each other when the numbers came back improved-- we love nurses who are emotionally involved with our little girl-- we sure are! I miss the NICU and the nurses Louisa, Linda and Katie-- who know Katelynn so well. There is a story about how having a baby is like planning a trip to Italy, when the unexpected happens it is like being detoured to Holland-- both are nice places but you will see and do different things-- I joke that now I am in Bagdad. I hope for my plane to take me to a different location.

No comments:

Post a Comment