Tuesday, May 12, 2009


Katelynn has had a hard day, she is pulling through like the little warrior she is. After surgery she was taken to the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit), it is a different world from the world Katelynn has known for the last 42 days of life. Unlike the NICU which is care for just newborns, here children of all ages are treated. In the bed next to Katelynn is a little girl just younger than Ailsa who cries, often, loudly. and with each cry I want to comfort her as I would Ailsa. Katelynn’s return from surgery has been busy, very intense. I am sleeping up here to be close to her and will return back to our “routine” when we know that Katelynn is stable. I am the lucky one who could remain here to be with Katelynn. We have my Mom, Candace Holt and Pia watch the kids. I know it broke Nathan’s heart to not be here pacing the hospital with me watching each development with our little girl, and so let me publicly praise him for going to work and keeping the long term welfare of our family in his mind, as he does always. Tonight, his first question after leaving Katelynn’s bedside, and before he goes home to put the other two to sleep was of concern for me. Thank you Nathan and kiss Nathaniel and Ailsa for me

No comments:

Post a Comment