Wednesday, May 27, 2009

People ask me how I am. I don’t know what to say. I have never done this before, I am not an expert. Perhaps I am doing it all wrong? I can only do grieving in the way I know how, in the way I think Katelynn would want, with each passing day, each moment she is with me-- I am comforted by her presence. With laughter, with tears, she is there. For the days she was with us, I left the house by 2:00 if not earlier-- Each day that 2pm comes, my internal clock says it is time to go, I feel torn. Now instead of torn between the hospital and home I feel torn between earth and heaven. There is a quote by CS Lewis, I hope you will forgive me in paraphrasing, he speaks of how everyone you have ever meet is an eternal being having a mortal experience, each of us as a touch of the divine. I love this, the homeless bum, the grumpy guy down the street, your friend.. each of us are here torn from our first home. Our home with God, we have to choose to return.

Now when grief seems to over power me, late at night, no activity to distract no immediate needs required of me-- I think of that home, the home I left before my birth, the home my daughter now waits for me and all those who love her-- her brother, sister, father, each of us... and I feel homesick, I feel determined to once again regain my rightful place as a daughter of God. I have an extra motivation and I know her name it is Katelynn. And when sleep should be, and tears come.. I also find gratitude for meeting an angel and holding her hand. She waits for me, she waits for each of us... what will we choose? I can't think of anything I love more than my family, can you?

There will be a viewing right before the funeral service from 9am to 9:40am. From 9:40 to 10am will be a family prayer and we invite our extended families to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment